Photobucket

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Favorite Albums of 2010

I never listen to as many albums as I'd like, but I definitely found some favorites in 2010. Check them out below, and if any are new to you, I recommend giving them a listen.

Of Montreal's False Priest

Big fan of Of Montreal, and this album is no exception. I absolutely love it, and you can read my full review of the album HERE.

“Our Riotous Defects” is one of my favorite tracks on the album, have a listen below.

Delta Spirit's History from Below

LOTS of great songs on this album, which has been on heavy rotation since I first discovered its release in June. One of the many songs I love on this album is "White Table," which I included below.


LCD Soundsystem's This is Happening

Absolutely love this album. One of my favorite tracks is "Pow Pow," which I wrote my love for HERE. Check it out below.


Menomena's Mines

LOVE this album (LOVE = an obvious trend on my favorite albums of 2010 list). I posted my love for this album HERE, which includes several songs you can listen to. For your convenience, here's a favorite track off the album, "Five Little Rooms."


Maximum Balloon's Maximum Balloon

LOVE this album. Love. One of my favorite tracks on the album is "Apartment Wrestling," which I blogged my love for HERE. Check out the track below. Love.


Arcade Fire's The Suburbs

Definitely a great addition to my life soundtrack. Truly a solid album. Check out "Month of May" below and enjoy. :)


Foxy Shazam's Foxy Shazam

SUCH a fun album. These guys have attitude and sass like no other. Energetic rock and roll, fo sho. "Oh Lord" is just one of the many songs I rock out to.


The Constellations' Southern Gothic

Definitely a fun album. LOVE the song "We're Here to Save the Day" with Asher Roth, which I posted below. Check it out!


Gorillaz's Plastic Beach

Lots of good tracks on this album. Me = a fan. Check out one of my favorites, "Some Kind of Nature."




And in addition to these 2010 releases, there were a few albums that were released prior to 2010 that were on constant rotation this year.

Mumford & Son's Sigh No More (09)

I was definitely a fan of this album last year, but I completely fell IN LOVE with it this year. Absolutely a favorite. If for some reason you have yet to discover Mumford & Sons, do yourself a favor and check out "The Cave" below. Awesomeness.


!!!'s Louden Up Now (04)

Just got this album this year, and I LOVE it. Especially "Pardon My Freedom." Enjoy!


Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros' Up From Below (09)

Definitely late to this train, but super glad I finally caught up. Great album! LOVE "40 Day Dream." Love.



Who am I missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment