Photobucket

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lollapalooza Research: These United States

So, there are definitely several bands I KNOW I want to see at Lollapalooza this year, but there are certainly a lot of bands I don't know the slightest. I'm starting to check out all the bands in the gaps of my schedule to see where I should invest my time. Starting with day one, bright and early, I know for sure I want to see Foxy Shazam at noon, but who should I check out beforehand? I started my research with These United States.

These United States
Playing Lolla on Day 1, BMI stage at 11:15am

These United States are from Washington DC and Lexington, KY, and they provide an alt-country sound that's energetic and catchy. I like a lot of the songs on their MySpace, including some of the newer tracks like "One You Believe" and "Dug Him in the Dirt." These new tracks are off their latest release, What Lasts, out July 20, 2010. Click the band's pic to visit their MySpace and check them out. These guys are definitely a contender!

No comments:

Post a Comment